Thursday, June 04, 2009

If a Blog Falls in the Forest ...


Well, what then?

According to a piece published Sunday in the New York Times, blog search engine Technorati in 2008 conducted a very telling survey.

Survey said! "only 7.4 million out of the 133 million blogs the company tracks had been updated in the past 120 days."

Just as I thought, and just as I've experienced in my own blogging life: To paraphrase Lyle Lovett, I'm not good about blogging on a regular basis, but I have good intentions.

Which is why, apparently, I decided to put Scribe Life on hiatus, and go with two separate and more focused blogs -- one for movies, books and writing, and one for music.

Logical, huh?

No surprise, but it turns out that I just don't have the time to keep up with both.

So, yes, I'm circling back around to one blog -- this one -- that will be a catch-all for all my ramblings about the above subjects. It will also serve as a place to post links to my stories available online.

That's my blogging game plan, for now.

And I reserve the right to completely abandon that plan at will.

No comments: