Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Response to comment on Times Festival of Reading

In the spirit of using all the parts of a cow ... might as well turn my long-winded responses to a reader's comment into a post. Here's an exchange related to the St. Petersburg Times Festival of Reading (see earlier post):


DeViantDreamer said...
Thanks for the Great Info!!

Is the Festival Of Reading free?

Anyone know where the Tic Toc Club was located in St.Pete? I can't find it anywhere.

6:26 PM


Philip Booth said...
Hi, DeviantDreamer. Thanks for stopping by, and for commenting.

Yes, that festival indeed is free, and lots of fun, with appealing activities for adults and kids alike.

My son, then 10, came with me to catch the tail end of the festival last year (we had soccer or something earlier in the day). We heard a talk by first-rate children's author Roland Smith; and Smith autographed a copy of "Cryptid Hunter" for my son, and posed for a picture with him.
The St. Petersburg campus of USF is really a beautiful setting, too -- close to the kind of hip, active downtown that Tampa can only dream of having, and close to the Dali Museum, too.

I can't tell you the answer to your question about the Tic Toc club, but I'll do a little research and see what I can find.

8:45 PM


Philip Booth said...
I just showed my son the schedule for this year - R.L. Stine, the guy responsible for the fantastically successful "Goosebumps" and "Fear Street" series is on the schedule. His exact comment: "No! Oh, my gosh!" So I guess we're booked to hit the fest this year (although I have a jazz gig in Brandon that evening with my group Trio Vibe)

I'm most looking forward to checking out mystery/crime writers Michael Connelly (now a Tampa resident) and Stuart Kaminsky, veteran writing coach Roy Peter Clark, John Leland (Why Kerouac Matters) and, in the poetry department, Peter Meinke and USF prof Jay Hopler.

No comments: